GUARDIAN 5R110W 6.4 POWERSTROKE TORQUE CONVERTER 8-BOLT
5R-GUARDIAN-8Regular price $1,545.00 Save $-1,545.00
Features and Benefits:
- Billet Forged CNC'd Apply Piston
- Zero-Deflection @400 PSI
- Custom High-strength Damper Riveting System, Eliminating Deflection
- Modified Oil Flow Improves Lubrication and Cooling of Clutches
- Redesigned Damper Assembly and Piston Capable of 1300 ft-lbs of torque
- New Custom Carbon Graphite Clutch Paper for Improved Performance
- Upgraded Turbine Splines
- Billet Converter Hub
- Custom Turbine and Pump Fin Articulation
- Precision Balanced Within .001 Gram
- Manufactured and Assembled Here in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
The Ford 5R110 transmission was introduced in the new 6.4 Powerstroke drivetrain in 2008. These engines, when modified, can easily exceed the capacity of the factory torque converter clutch. This will lead to excessive turbine slip and decreased performance. This can and will lead to premature failure.
The SunCoast Guardian 5R110 Triple-Disc Billet Torque Converters are designed to withstand up to 1300 ft-lbs of torque. This 5R110 torque converter also features a redesigned piston and damper assembly that eliminates deflection that so often occurs when being applied and can withstand up to 400 psi.
This 5R110 torque converter also features hardened turbine splines and improved thermal friction paper. This not only increases reliability, but also improves its thermal efficiency.
This torque converter comes with a stock stall speed, which will ensure refined stock-like characteristics while driving with any load. Stator can be upgraded to billet to change stall speed if desired.